Gorgeous Gorse Hill needs you
We know that everyone is busy and can’t always commit to lots of activity, but if everyone does what they can manage, what they love, what they are interested in and what they are good at, collectively we can make Gorse Hill gorgeous.
There are lots of ways you can get involved.
Got an hour or less to spare? Level 1:
- Come along to one of our ‘Action Hour’ gardening activities. Even if you can only commit to 10 minutes or so, that’s fine, we welcome and appreciate any involvement you can offer. All equipment is provided. Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. Follow us on email or social media to find out when the next one is.
“I was signed up to GGH for years before going along to the Avondale gardening site. I was a little nervous at first, and didn’t know really what to expect, but everyone was friendly and welcoming, and I felt great afterwards! Like I’d had a mini workout!”
(Gorse Hill resident)
- Support us financially. You can make a one-off or regular donation to support our work on our LocalGiving page.
- Stay in touch. Sign up for our email updates or follow us on social media via the links on the home page.
Want to get a bit more involved? Level 2:
- Be a lead volunteer on one of the organised gardening activities
- Grow seedlings or cuttings, spare plants or seeds
- Staff a stall at one of our fairs
- Come along to a meeting, find out what’s going on and how you can get involved
Want to get even more involved? Level 3:
- Become a committee member. Find out more by emailing email@example.com