Gorgeous Gorse Hill Needs You
We know that everyone is busy and can’t always commit to lots of activity, but if everyone does what they can manage, what they love, what they are interested in and what they are good at, collectively we can make Gorse Hill gorgeous.
There are lots of ways you can get involved.
- Come along to one of our organised gardening activities. They last an hour, but if you can only commit to 10 minutes or so, that’s fine, we welcome and appreciate any involvement you can offer. All equipment is provided. Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy.
- Want to help, but can never attend a planned activity? No worries! Get involved at a time that suits you. Contact GGH for more information.
“I was signed up to GGH for years before going along to the Avondale gardening site. I was a little nervous at first, and didn’t know really what to expect, but everyone was friendly and welcoming, and I felt great afterwards! Like I’d had a mini workout!”
Gorse Hill resident
Want to get a bit more involved?
- Be a lead volunteer on one of the organised gardening activities
- Grow seedlings or cuttings, spare plants or seeds
- Staff a stall at one of our fairs
- Adopt a site
- Come along to a meeting, find out what’s going on and how you can get involved
Want to get even more involved?
- Become a committee member
2020 gardening activities:
February: Saturday 22nd, 11am to 12pm, Avondale Road site, corner of Avondale Road and Chester Road
March: Saturday 14th, 11am to 12pm, Lavender Planter, near the Bishop Blaize pub, Chester Road
April: School Holiday Activity: Friday 3rd, time TBC, Avondale Road site
May: Saturday 9th, 10.30am to 11.30am, Pocket Paradise Park, on Chester Road canal bridge, between Longford Road and Davyhulme East Road
June: Date TBC, Lavender Planter, near Bishop’s Blaize pub
July: Date TBC, Burleigh Gardens
August: Date TBC, Avondale Road site
September: Sunday 20th, 10.30am to 11.30am, Lavender Planter, near Bishop’s Blaize pub
October: Date TBC, Pocket Paradise Park
November: Saturday 28th, 10.30am to 11.30am, Ravenswood Rest Space, corner of Chester Road and Ravenswood Road, opposite Tesco
December: Saturday 5th, 11am to 12pm, Avondale Road site