5-7pm, 18 November 2023
Make your own lanterns to decorate your garden and street.
Watch the lanterns come past then join us in Marje Kelly Park at the end.
The parade will also collect donations for care-leavers at Christmas.
We start at 5pm at Gorse Hill Studios, and finish at 6pm at Marje Kelly Park, where light refreshments will be available.
Decorate your own street and garden!
- Learn how to make winter lanterns from paper bags with our video.
- Or join us for a family-friendly lantern-making workshop at Gorse Hill Studios, from 12pm on 18 November.
Christmas gifts for young people leaving care
- As the parade passes, we’ll collect Christmas gifts for young people moving out of care, to help them establish a new life. Bring something out for us if you can!
- Good gifts include… pads and tampons; adult colouring books; mindfulness books; colouring pens and pencils; bamboo pads; sensitive body wash; body and skin care products for men; hair products suitable for Afro hair; diaries; canvases; and A5 or A4 notebooks.
Can you help make it happen?
The Lantern Parade is completely planned and run by local volunteers. Could you be part of it?
- We need volunteers to deliver leaflets so everyone in Gorse Hill knows what’s happening. If you could spare half an hour to put leaflets through every door on your street, please email us and let us know what street(s) you could cover.
- We also need volunteers to be part of the parade, carrying lanterns or stewarding. Again, email us if you’d like to be part of it.
Do you love the Parade and our other events?
You can support Gorgeous Gorse Hill by making a donation. Or if you’re a Co-op member, name us as your local cause, and you’ll support us every time you shop at the Co-op.